Press Release: Coronavirus
Please click on the link below for the updated press release from Fenland District Council regarding Covid-19 – or Coronavirus
Covid-19 – or Coronavirus
From Cambridgeshire County Council
I know that people are concerned about news reports on the spread of Covid-19 – or Coronavirus. This continues to be a fast moving issue, which is being carefully monitored by Public Health England (PHE) with the current impact and risk to the UK population considered moderate.
However, there are some really simple steps we can all take to get into good habits to protect ourselves and others to stop the spread of viruses and germs including Coronavirus.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds, and use soap and hot water.
- Particularly remember to wash your hands after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas or travelling on public transport.
- Promote the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it We can all reduce the spread of all germs when we cough or sneeze, by covering mouths and noses with a tissue, or a sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately in a closed bin
- Keep up to date with information from trusted sources – like these:
- Public Health England – five things you can do to protect yourself and your community
- For updates see the NHS dedicated Coronavirus webpage
We have also attached a link below with the new Public Health England campaign materials to share with your communities. We will keep you updated as this situation begins to develop.